Centre for social rehabilitation and integration of visually impaired
Revealed as state delegated activities and awarded through competition of "Empathy" Fondation.
Launched on September 1, 2008.
Located in Varna, Petko Stainov 3 str. the building of the House of Culture for the Blind.
Capacity of 40 users. Aimed at the visually impaired people by the municipality of Varna with intact intellect and creativecapabilities.
Offers individual social work and activities of groups by interests:
- socio-cultural activities - social contacts, understanding of leisure, lectures, tours, celebrations of national andreligious festivals, concerts and other artistic activities.
- socio-legal consultations,
- training in classical singing and folk, folk musical instruments, art speech.
- therapeutic activities - occupational therapy, music therapy, physical therapy, medical rehabilitation, psychotherapy and others.
1. People who are willing to participate in the activities of the Centre for rehabilitation and social integration of people with visual disabilities submitted a request to the Director of the Directorate “Social Assistance” Varna, accompanied by the following documents:
- copy of id card,
- copy of the expert decision of the medical committee for labor replacement,
- declaration form,
- medical certificate issued by a GP.
2. After issuing an order by the Director of the Directorate “Social Assistance” Varna, the person has been enrolled in the Centre for social rehabilitation and integration of people with visual disabilities and then, after an individual meeting with social worker, the person applies for preferred activities and services.
3. The team of Centre for Rehabilitation and Social Integration of People with Disabilities prepare social assessment andindividual plan for social inclusion.
4. To conclude a contract with consumers for the services and arrangements in the Centre for Rehabilitation and Social Integration of People with Disabilities.
5. Person visits scheduled certain activities and use the necessary services.